Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill, better known as Winston Churchill was a British senator who served as Prime Minister of United kingdom twice, from 1940 to 1945 and from 1951 to 1955. Churchill was a versatile and dynamic personality, he was an officer in the British army, a historian, an author and a skilled artist. Despite being in politics by profession, he won a Nobel prize in Literature in 1953 for his precious contribution in the field. His words are simply immortal.
Churchill who was born in the family of Dukes was the eldest son in the family. Young Churchill served in the military, writing his campaigning experiences throughout his service. Later he advanced in his political career finally becoming the Prime Minister of United Kingdom.
Churchill played a major role of inspiring people through his leadership abilities and words during second World War making them fight for themselves. And the same goes for a common man as well. His words have the power to produce a greater impact on people’s perception towards life helping them to do better than yesterday. There are thousands of quotes but we listed out some of them from the greatest leader who ever lived. Take a look!
1. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.”
2. “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”
3. “History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.”
4. “Never stand up when you can sit down. And never sit down when you can lie down.”
5. “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.”
6. “When I was younger I made it a rule never to take strong drink before lunch. It is now my rule never to do so before breakfast.”
7. “Socialism is like a dream. Sooner or later you wake up to reality.”
8. “I am ready to meet my maker, but whether my maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.”
9. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
10. “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.”
11. “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down listen.”
12. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
13. “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.”
14. “Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.”
15. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”