Hell is a better place than being in the ring up against the legend Muhammad Ali. The boxing beast passed away on June 3, 2016 but his quotes and memories won’t die ever for sure. He is the reason why people started acknowledging Boxing to be honest and no wonder why many boxers have his posters in their room – the biggest source of motivation for them of course.
Muhammad Ali is known for taunting his opponents with rhymes that were sharp like a razor blade and at times comical one-liners which created controversies as well. Ali was a loudmouth threat to the establishment. He knew how to make heavyweight rivals Sonny Liston, Joe Frazier and George Foreman feel like unwitting participants at their own roast. Haha!
Not only he lived his life as the king of the world but also as a clown prince by his comic timings, who fought for both championships and his rights as a diligent objector. His mouth always roared like a lion and his wit was as sharp as a sword. No one could say it better than Ali.
Take a look at his most inspiring and acknowledged all over the globe quotes.
1. Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
2. Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.
3. I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’
4. I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.
5. Don’t count the days, make the days count.
6. It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.
7. He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
8. It’s just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
9. If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.
10. I know where I’m going and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be what you want me to be. I’m free to be what I want.